Forum Updates

by Admin

Re: What do you think of the new forum design?

by shadowlord

What do you think of the new forum design?

by Admin

Re: New forum design!

by Admin

New forum design!

by Admin

Sennheiser HD-6XX headphones - $199!

by BSD2000

Lots Of Used Collectible Vinyl Records For Sale

by RecordsAlbums

Re: My Denon AVR-X4200W is here - review coming soon!

by GoodVinylLover

Record Store Day 2017 List

by BSD2000

Interesting find in my stack of DAT tapes

by BSD2000

Hello Guest
Interesting find in my stack of DAT tapes
0 Replies
April 08, 2017, 10:18:44 PM
    • VinylAudio.net
  • BSD2000
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
    Pennsylvania Send PM
About six years ago I purchased over 1,300 DAT tapes from a major recording studio in NY. While going through the tapes, I thought this one was interesting - it's labeled 'This Love of Mine' and has no artist listed, just a producer (Tancredi) and a date of 7/26/95. Here's a sample:

I never heard this song before and I have no idea who is singing. It's a catchy and uplifting song. I did a little research and managed to find a YouTube video of the song being sung by Greek singer Nana Mouskouri. Here's the video:

Nana Mouskouri released the song on her 1997 album ''Return to love''. What I find interesting is - who sang on the demo recording two years earlier? Could it be the same person? I actually prefer the demo recording to the one released by Nana Mouskouri. What do you think - which do you prefer?

I wonder if I uploaded the song to YouTube it would be matched by their copyright filter...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:56:12 PM by BSD2000 »
Rega P25 Zyx Omega G Zyx R100H Audio Research PH5 Denon DP-52F Denon DL-103D Burson HA-160 Sennheiser HD-650 and HD-800

web
stats