Music > Vinyl Grooves

Recommended record labels

(1/2) > >>

BSD2000:
The idea was brought up by a forum member to create a list of recommended record label companies, which I thought was a good idea.

What record labels do you like the most? Which ones have the best sound quality? The label can be old or new - they can even be out of business.

Recommended Labels List:

•  Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs (MOFI or MFSL for short) - they have fantastic sound quality and consistent, high quality production standards.

•  Pure Pleasure Records - Very clean, pure, 'analog' sounding pressings.

•  CBS/Columbia Records - Very nice sound quality from the 50's through the late 70's. The '6-eye' records are highly sought after.

•  Audion - I buy everything I can find on this label.

•  Passport Records - Consistent, high quality pressings.

•  Sundazed - Fully analog reissues, very good sound and pressing quality, good price.

•  Classic Records - 180 and 200g audiophile pressings.

•  American Gramophone - brown (not red) labels, especially with JVC or Ortofon listed in the deadwax. Even if you don't like the music, they sound fantastic as a sound quality demo LP.

•  RCA Red Seal - Classical music on this label sounds wonderful.

•  RCA 'Living Stereo' - Very nice, 'classic' vinyl sound, usually with a wide stereo image.

•  Audiosource - from the makers of high-end audio equipment, usually pressings of highly sought after jazz releases. Fantastic SQ.

•  Deutsche Grammophon - The legendary German label for classical music. Generally good sound and pressing (German quality).

•  Archiv Produktion - Subsidiary label of Deutsche Grammophon, specialized in antique classical music. Similar quality to DG.

•  Speakers Corners - Reissues Jazz, Classical audiophile LP's. Typical German quality, beautiful clean thick Vinyl. Sometimes not taken from the original tapes but second gen tapes.

•  Tacet Records - Another German company. Classical LP reissue. Mastering using tube only equipment. WOW! I think their LP's are pressed at the "speakers corner Plant"

•  Alto Analogue - Another German company. Extremely rare. I have a Bill Evans Sunday at the village vanguard LP. Just brilliant. Also Numbered.

•  The new QPR - Analogue Productions - 200 grams taken form analog tapes. a Successor to Classic Records.

•  Blue Note - Classic jazz label with excellent sound quality.

Reply with your recommended labels and I'll add them to the list.

lshin80:
Sundazed - Fully analog reissues, very good sound and pressing quality, good price.

BSD2000:
American Gramophone, brown (not red) labels, especially with JVC or Ortofon listed in the deadwax. Even if you don't like the music, they sound fantastic as a sound quality demo LP.

RCA Red Seal - classical music on this label sounds wonderful.
RCA 'Living Stereo' - Very nice, 'classic' vinyl sound, usually with a wide stereo image.

lshin80:
Deutsche Grammophon - The legendary German label for classical music. Generally good sound and pressing (German quality).

Archiv Produktion - Subsidiary label of Deutsche Grammophon, specialized in antique classical music. Similar quality to DG.

migkiller1971:
Speakers Corners - Reissues Jazz, Classical audiophile LP's. Typical german quality, Beautiful clean thick Vinyl. Sometimes not taken from the original tapes but second gen tapes.

Tacet Records - Another German company. Classical Lp reissue. mastering using tube only equipment. WOW! I think their lp's are pressed at the "speakers corner Plant"

Alto Analogue - another German company. extremely rare. I have a Bill evans Sunday at the village vanguard Lp. Just brilliant. Also Numbered.

The new QPR- Analogue Productions - 200 grams taken form analog tapes. a Successor to CLassic Records.

How about some to avoid?????

Only acquire if cheap and if you absolutely want it and can't find a better Copy.

Jazz Time, Jazz Track and Jazz Wax Time. All pressed in Spain taken from CD's. I have two of these. I don't want to be cruel. >:(

I'm also curious about the Doxy label in Italy. if anyone can share some insight. It will be greatly appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Users found this pages searching for:

google google com google search yahoo vinylaudio ucrp6ph7vndsrzjy8- reissue vinyl labels avoid vinylaudio google
Go to full version
Sitemap