News and Updates > Member Introductions

Introduction

(1/2) > >>

rkay5:
Hi All,
  I'm new to Vinylaudio,net and I'd like to introduce myself.I have about 3000 LP's  hundred's of 7"singles,10"eps and a lot of CD/SACD most are underground Rock 'n' Roll Punk,garage from the 60's to now.I love DIY and have modifying Thorens Turntables building loudspeakers.My Thorens TD150 is very far from stock and has the SQ of a $2000 plus TT

BSD2000:
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have a HUGE vinyl collection - much bigger than mine, I'm lucky if I have 1/3 as many.   :-[

How do you like the Mytec 192 DSD DAC? That's one of the DAC's I was considering upgrading to.

rkay5:
Hi,
 I really like it make listening to digital great almost as good as vinyl and  I use it as a firewire audio interface for recording vinyl with a Mytek Stereo 192 ADC.If your are thinking about getting one do it you will love it.

lshin80:
How do you like the Jolida? Is it the upgraded version with the ESA Clarity caps?

rkay5:

--- Quote ---How do you like the Jolida? Is it the upgraded version with the ESA Clarity caps?
--- End quote ---
I like the Jolida very much,I got it stone stock ordered from Jolida.net. I have modified the output capacitors with jantzen audio Superior Z-cap 800VDC 1.0uf +/_2% bypass with two 0.1uf 630VDC Russian K42Y-2 Paper in Oil Audio Capacitor  replaced all 6 opamp with  Ti OPA627AP and put bypass capacitors on all the power supply caps with 0.22uf 400VDC sprague orange drop capacitors.And I'm using Mesa/Boogie SPAX7 12AX7 tubes with all the mods, it is one fine sounding  phono preamp with the low output Denon DL304 moving coil cartridge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Sitemap