Equipment > Reviews

Rega RB600 Rewire.

(1/3) > >>

migkiller1971:
I see this in the near future. Probably with a incognito rewire Kit. I might make a youtube video out of it. :P

BSD2000:
I'm considering rewiring my Rega P25 with bulk Cardas 4x33 gauge cable, which I believe is what the Incognito kit uses at it's core.

Cardas makes fantastic cables, very neutral and transparent. The Incognito kit should be a great match and take your P25 to the next level.  8)

Keep us updated! ;D

migkiller1971:
I got my Incognito rewire in today. It took me about 1 hours and 30 minutes. Holy Shit!! Its like I have a brand new TT. The Sound-Floor is black as Hell. Seperation of instrument is astounding! Amazing Prat. love it. I could not be happier. During my install I realized that who ever assembled my Tonearm was a complete moron and it was probably the worst Quality assurance I have seen in a long time.

1. The main reason why I decided to install new wires is because I noticed splits and bare wire showing at the point where the rubber gromit meets the head shell.

Here is a picture:

1. Whoever assembled the cabling must of broken the blue lead because it was soldered on!  >:( Man, was I pissed!!! The white And green wire were showing bare wire and the red was crimped.

2. Basic Cabling 101! The original wire in my rb600 were not twisted where as the incognito were twisted Blue/white, red/green. Very basic. Done to minimize crosstalk.  yet it wasn't done. :(

I'm in love with my Rega P25!!!!

BSD2000:
Wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear it in a new video. ;)

It looks like someone modified your tonearm cable and terminated it with aftermarket connectors since mine look radically different:

[attach=1]

The cables on my RB600 are thick all the way through the tonearm. The individual wires are one continuous piece, from cartridge connectors to the Neutrik, spring loaded RCA's. The connectors in your photo don't look OEM.

migkiller1971:

--- Quote from: BSD2000 on June 12, 2012, 09:28:27 PM ---Wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear it in a new video. ;)

It looks like someone modified your tonearm cable and terminated it with aftermarket connectors since mine look radically different:

[attach=1]

The cables on my RB600 are thick all the way through the tonearm. The individual wires are one continuous piece, from cartridge connectors to the Neutrik, spring loaded RCA's. The connectors in your photo don't look OEM.

--- End quote ---

I put on those cardas connectors around 5 years ago, I never noticed the breakage in the wire before and I definitely didn't notice the blue wire solder since it was in the Rubber gromit. Jammin to Duke Pearson's Wahoo LP. OMG GOD!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Users found this pages searching for:

google google google com vinylaudio vinylaudio google vinylaudio google vinylaudio google com bing rega 600
Go to full version
Sitemap