Equipment > Vinyl Ripping and Archiving

Korg MR-2000S Unboxing + Photos!

(1/5) > >>

BSD2000:
It's here!  ;D

Audio samples are on the way, but first - here's some unboxing photos:

(Note: photos can only be seen by registered users.)

BSD2000:
A few more internal pictures:

(Note: photos can only be seen by registered users.)

BSD2000:
Getting ready to mount the Korg:
[attach=1]

My Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 recording interface, Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra (guitar effects processor) and my Behringer V-Verb 2496:
[attach=2]

BSD2000:
I was going to upgrade the hard drive today but the IDE to SATA adapter I bought is too long, so I had to order another one. If you're planning on upgrading your Korg MR-2000S with a SATA hard drive, you need this adapter:

[attachimg=1]

Note: You will need to remove the 'HDD select' jumper on the adapter for the Korg to recognize the SATA hard drive.

I used Acronis True Image software to clone the original IDE drive to a larger SATA hard drive. I tested the cloned image on the new drive and it was successful - the Korg booted right up and played the recordings flawlessly; it's just that I couldn't physically mount the hard drive inside because the cable was too short for the adapter I originally bought.  :(

BSD2000:
The new IDE to SATA adapter is here and it's working fine with a spare 160GB SATA drive I'm using for testing.  8)

I just ordered a 500GB SATA hard drive for the Korg for $37 off eBay. It's a 5400RPM drive, but it has 16MB of cache, which should help keep the data flowing smoothly. The specific model I got (E5K500) is made by Hitachi for Sun servers, so it's made for 24/7 operation and high reliability. It's also a little taller (12.5mm) than a standard 9mm laptop drive, so I can only really use it in the Korg - it's too tall for most laptops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Users found this pages searching for:

google google google com vinylaudio korg google com 1000 hard drive
replacement vinylaudio google
Go to full version
Sitemap